Monday, February 28, 2005

new experiences

Today I had a few brand new experiences. I spent the day in the new Brooklin office, where I was able to assist the regular tech in doing real patients with the CR (computerized radiography). She was thankful for the extra support, and it was true that 'two heads are better than one'. I think by the end of the day we had figured out a better work-flow, so the patient is not on the table any longer than the old way. Within 30 seconds, we can view the images and be able to allow the patients to leave. Even tho' there are a few stresses with learning all this new stuff, I still think it's an exciting change in the profession.

And then on my way home I stopped at Janine's office and got needled. Yes, she used me as a guinea pig, just as she threatened to do. But I was perfectly willing to try. She put about 4 needles into my one foot that's been sore. I could feel extra heat going into it while the needles were in it (about 20 min). I'm trying to stall the progress of arthritis in that foot, so anything is worth the effort. I'm thinking she will always be walking around with some of those needles in her purse, and will stick them into anyone whose willing to sit still long enough. And it didn't hurt at all - believe me!

It looks like we're going to have another snow storm for the next day or so - maybe it's time to hibernate. At least I'm not scheduled to work tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home