Wednesday, February 16, 2005

This Old Dog

Well, this old dog is finally learning the new tricks I told you about when I first started this job in November. I spent the last 2 days in our Brooklin office, practicing the CR system: Computerized Radiography. Because the whole part of it isn't set up yet, we only learned the basics, and it will be another 2 weeks before we go 'live'. It's still a learning curve. But I think we'll catch on. The poor tech who works there is alone (with a very computer-literate receptionist: that helps!), so she's really looking for support in this endeavor. I'm hoping that we (the other part-time tech and I) will be going up there to learn it together once the whole system is up and running. When you get so much information that includes a whole new terminology, you can't possibly remember it all. And as Karen said yesterday, things that she forgot, Gail or I might remember, and vica versa.

It was funny: Karen thought she was the oldest tech in this company - at 55. When I told her I am two years older than that, she was surprised, then also relieved, I think: there's hope that us 'old dogs' can stick together on this!!!

Wish me luck in this... I don't want to get too frustrated, as I really wanted to learn all this - honest!

2 Comments:

Blogger kdk said...

Sounds exciting -- and it's part of the reason you wanted this job in the first place... Good luck! Hope it goes well...

February 16, 2005 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

That does sound exciting, and it's what you wanted to learn, right? look how the tables have turned, all the kids out working and mom at home studying something new :) now remember, no going out on friday night untill you've done your homework!!

February 18, 2005 at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home