Tuesday, April 19, 2005

update

Well, as it seems like nobody else is posting anything, i'll make another post!

So, i gave my official notice of resignation yesterday. I"m a little scared and hope i'm doing the right thing... although, i'm quite sure that i am. Also, I probably did this in the wrong order, but i am still waiting to hear back that the reference check was okay, that' the only thing the offer was conditional on. although, i know who i put down for references, so i'm sure (99.9%) that it was okay. that 0.1% is still scaring me a little though. but, i didn't want to give less than 2 weeks notice.

so, thus starts another chapter of my 'career', if i can call it that still being only 25. I'm nervous as it sounds like harder and more work - but i guess that's what i'm looking for, right?!? yikes, i'm still a little nervous - but also very excitect b/c it sounds like a much better opportunity for growth and challenging work.

Other than that - i'm doing a horrible job of pakcing if i'm supposed to be moving this saturday!! yikes... we'll see how that goes. maybe i should be more worried...

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hey Suzanne,

Exciting stuff! I guess the one question unanswered for us "out of the loop" Ohio folks is what company made the 99.9% offer? You mentioned a couple in the past postings, but no definite one here.

Good luck with the new position, I am sure you will enjoy the change. I think 2-5yrs at any one job is a good length in the IT industry.

April 19, 2005 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh right.. who I'll be working for!

It's for HSBC financial, working as a credit risk analyst. So, sounds like a bit more challenging role and that i'll be able to learn lots from it. THe best part is that it's way closer to home!! It's at woodbine and steels, so very close to the IBM where Dad was when he worked out markham way.

April 20, 2005 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home