Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Home alone

Famous last words... As Paul was doing his finally packing yesterday afternoon, I looked at his ragged suitcase -- the one that's been everywhere in the last four years...the one that can't really zip all that well anymore -- and I said, "We should have gotten new luggage..."

I dropped Paul off at the airport shortly after 4. The weather was horrible on the drive back -- accidents everywhere...and for a moment there, I regretted not holding out for 4WD.

The flight was supposed to arrive in Phoenix at 7:30 (9:30 our time). Paul called at 11 -- and he was just getting to the shuttle stop at the airport. It had been quite a day for Paul. First, the flight didn't leave on time because the plane needed de-icing, and there was a long line-up. When they arrived in Phoenix, they asked those who were staying in Phoenix to let everyone else off first, so they could catch their connecting flights. Then, when Paul made it to the baggage claim, he ended up with a baggage carousel full of his clothes. Apparently, they had inspected his bag, and they didn't really zip it back up -- which eventually led to the total dumping-out of all of his possessions. Fortunately, we watch Airline from time to time, so Paul knew to go to the customer service desk -- and they ended up giving him a new suitcase. Then he shuffled his way out to the shuttle to his hotel, where he called me. Poor guy. But at least he made it.

We had quite the storm last night. And in the middle of it (on the way home from the airport), I went to Old Navy to try on some shorts and capris. It felt pretty strange to hang up my heavy winter coat in the fitting room while trying on shorts... But my plane leaves on Friday afternoon, and it's 75 in Phoenix...

1 Comments:

Blogger kdk said...

The funny thing about it is that it's my greatest fear -- you know...one of those crazy, irrational fears. I'm always afraid that that's going to happen to me... I'm glad I wasn't there -- I would have been stricken with nightmares for the rest of my life.

As far as I've heard so far, nothing's missing -- but we'll see...

March 4, 2005 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home